Sunday, March 3, 2013

Avocado Pesto Spaghetti Squash

This was only my second time making spaghetti squash but I love that it goes with everything. I must confess that I copped this recipe from Missy over at Melissa Explains it All.  As I was at the grocrey store I kept thinking of new ingredients to add.

Spaghetti Squash:
Split in half and remove seeds, place on baking sheet with water just covering the bottom. Bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes. Once cool, take a fork and scrape out the spaghetti.

Avocado Pesto:
1 Avocado
8-10 Fresh Basil Leafs
2-3 Cloves of Garlic (I like a lot)
1/8 Cup Water
1 tsp of Olive Oil
1/2 tsp of Onion Powder
Juice of 1/2 a Lemon
1/4 Cayenne Pepper
Salt & Pepper to taste

Blend in food processor, blender, immersion blender or mash by hand (chop the basil leaves).

Mix 1/4 of the pesto with 1 cup of cooked spaghetti squash with 1/2  diced roma tomato, parmesan & feta cheese. All topping are optional, next time I'm going to try it with red pepper.


No comments:

Post a Comment