Sunday, February 3, 2013

No-Bake Peanut Butter Energy Bites

So its been a while. Ok a long long while. Lately I've found myself making some delicious New recipes  I was kind of in the same old same old rut for a while. So without further adieu I bring you No-Bake Peanut Butter Energy Bites. I thought these would be great for in between gym and barre class but frankly they are good straight out of the bowl.


After a friend posted this I had to try (and modify) these for myself.  This recipe is not only incredibly simple it is also flexible to your own preferences. I chose to use chai seed, my new favorite super food and agave instead of honey out of personal preference. I do warn you that these tasty bites are rather high calorie (100-150 per bite depending on the size) so consume with restraint.


Ingredients: 
  • 1 cup Dry Oatmeal
  • 1/2 cup Peanut Butter (any nut butter)
  • 1/2 cup Chai Seeds (flax or wheat germ)
  • 1/2 cup Chocolate chips (any flavor or swap for dried fruits)
  • 1/3 cup toasted coconut flakes
  • 1/3 cup Agave (honey works great because of its stickiness)
  • 1 tsp. Vanilla
Directions:
Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Then, form into balls whatever size you like. Things we will also add one day (but are not limited to) dried cranberries, almonds, agave nectar, other yet unnamed dried fruit. Keep them sealed tightly in a container in the fridge and take them out as needed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment