Friday, September 23, 2011

All in a Days Work

There are times that you bake for yourself and there are times that bake for others and this, this is one of them. No matter what I bake: heart shaped mini cheese cakes for Valentines Day, dark chocolate bacon cupcakes, cookies, banana bread, etc. my boss just looks at it and asked when I'm going to being these delightful, tiny, "guilt free,"pop in your mouth, mini cupcakes of wonder. At least that how she sees them.

What kills me is that they seem so much less special. At last here is what you need to be your bosses favorite too.

1 Box of Cake Mix - I chose dark chocolate
1 Bag of White Chocolate chips - any flavor works
1 Container of Frosting- Yup store bought variety
Mini Cupcake Tins/ Mini Quiche Tins

A few things to note:
a). While you can use regular sized cupcake tins, it's the guilt free nature of something so small that really makes them feel good.

b). The real charm people seem to find in these is the "surprise" in the middle.

How to get the surprise in side.  Spray tins, fill half way, then add in several, 4-6, chocolate chips into the center of the tins. Keep them away from the edges.

You probably guessed it, next add batter to cover the chocolate chips  See picture off to the right ---------------->

Since I make mine in mini-cupcake tins I only bake them for 9 minutes. If you are choosing to ignore the magical guilt free powers of the mini cupcake just follow cooking directs on the box.

The picture below is in fact not how I serve them at work, but it is how I serve them at home. Mmmm Ice cream.


I prefer to frost at work since transporting frosted items can be well sticky. Then serve in the afternoon somewhere between 2-2:30 when post-lunch food coma is at its hight.

Hopefully these will serve you as well as that have served me in my short career so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment